RENTING YOUR INVESTMENT PROPERTY
The currently tight rental market means there should be no shortage of would-be renters, but First National Real Estate Warrnambool Principal, Christine Steere said it may not be straightforward to find the right tenant and get the best rental price.
Investors need to make sure their rental properties are in ship-shape if they want to attract quality tenants and maximise their returns.
It also helps to appoint a property manager who knows how to maintain the property’s tenancy at the highest possible rent and who will manage the home as though it were their own.
First National Real Estate Warrnambool offers the ideal combination of professionalism, experience and commitment to manage properties.
Our systems and processes underpin the strength of our agency and the property management services we deliver.
Property management at First National is more than just collecting rent or striking a deal on fees, we assist in the selection of quality tenants, ensure timely rental payments, look for opportunities to increase your returns, and minimise vacancies.
We strive to help our landlords maximise the benefits of investment property ownership by using the latest technologies and pride ourselves on getting the best results in the shortest time.
10 steps to success for property management:
1. Accurate appraisal of a property’s rental potential.
2. Presenting the property in its best light to maximise returns.
3. Advertising and marketing to ensure maximum exposure through First National’s industry leading website, major real estate web-portals, eMagazines, social media and the network’s exclusive, award-winning tenant alert database.
4. Accompanied tenant viewings to highlight special features and benefits of renting a First National managed property.
5. Receiving offers and making the process as efficient as possible.
6. Tenant selection following comprehensive screening and reference checks.
7. Preparing relevant documentation and advising tenants of their obligations and outlining conduct expectations.
8. Completing a thorough property condition report prior to the tenant moving into the property.
9. Monitoring the market to ensure that the property rent is in line with market conditions on an annual basis.
10. Management services to ensure peace of mind, steady income, regular property condition checks, qualified maintenance and 24/7 emergency repairs.
First National Real Estate manages over 90,000 investment properties throughout the cities and regional centres of Australia and New Zealand, meaning the network offers some of the most experienced property managers in the country.
Christine Steere is the Regional Victorian delegate for the Real Estate Institute of Victoria - Property Management Chapter.